“He goeth before you into Gailee; there shall ye see Him, as He said unto you” – Mark 16:7.
Where He appointed to meet His disciples, there He would be in due time. Jesus keeps His trust. If He promises to meet us at the mercy seat, or in public worship, or in the ordinances, we may depend upon it that He will be there. We may wickedly stay away from the appointed meeting place, but He never does. He says, “Where two or three are met together in my name, there am I”; He says not, “There will I be,” but, “I am there already.”
Jesus is always first in fellowship: “He goeth before you.” His heart is with His people, His delight is in them, He is never slow to meet them. In all fellowship He goeth before us.
But He reveals Himself to those who come after Him: “There shall ye see him.” Joyful sight! We care not to see the greatest of mere men, but to see Him is to be filled with joy and peace. And we shall see Him, for He promises Himself to them. Rest assured that it will be so, for He does everything according to His word of promise: “As he said unto you. Catch at those last words, and be assured that to the end He will do for you “as he said unto you.”
- Never alone - October 8, 2018
- Always first in fellowship - October 7, 2018
- The leadership of our Guide - October 6, 2018
- At God’s bidding - October 5, 2018
- The mighty magnet - October 4, 2018
- Reflections of the Lord’s beauty - October 3, 2018
- Comfort en route home - October 2, 2018
- A covenant He remembers - October 1, 2018
- Needs to open our mouths - September 30, 2018
- Church sister - July 24, 2018