“And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men” – Micah 5:7.
If this be true of the literal Israel, much more is it true of the spiritual Israel, the believing people of God. When saints are what they should be, they are an incalculable blessing to those among whom they are scattered.
They are as the dew; for in a quiet, unobtrusive manner they refresh those around them. Silently but effectually they minister to the life, growth, and joy of those who dwell with them. Coming fresh from heaven, glistening like diamonds in the sun, gracious men and women attend to the feeble and insignificant till each blade of grass has its own drop of dew. Little as individuals, they are, when united, all-sufficient for the purposes of love which the LORD fulfills through them. Dew drops accomplish the refreshing of broad acres. LORD, make us like the dew!
Godly people are as showers which come at God’s bidding without man’s leave and license. They work for God whether men desire it or not; they no more ask human permission than the rain does. LORD, make us thus boldly prompt and free in Thy service wherever our lot is cast.
- Never alone - October 8, 2018
- Always first in fellowship - October 7, 2018
- The leadership of our Guide - October 6, 2018
- At God’s bidding - October 5, 2018
- The mighty magnet - October 4, 2018
- Reflections of the Lord’s beauty - October 3, 2018
- Comfort en route home - October 2, 2018
- A covenant He remembers - October 1, 2018
- Needs to open our mouths - September 30, 2018
- Church sister - July 24, 2018