“As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness” – Psalm 17:15.
The portion of other men fills their bodies and enriches their children, but the portion of the believer is of another sort. Men of the world have their treasure in this world, but men of the world to come look higher and further.
Our possession is twofold. We have God’s presence here and His like-ness hereaften Here we behold the face of the LORD in righteousness, for we are justified in Christ Jesus. Oh, the joy of beholding the face of a reconciled God! The glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ yields us heaven below, and it will be to us the heaven of heaven above.
But seeing does not end it: we are to be changed into that which we gaze upon. We shall sleep a while and then wake up to find ourselves as mirrors which reflect the beauties of our LORD. Faith sees God with a transforming look. The heart receives the image of Jesus into its own depths, till the character of Jesus is imprinted on the soul. This is satisfaction. To see God and to be like Him-what more can I desire? David’s assured confidence is here by the Holy Ghost made to be the LORD’s promise. I believe it. I expect it. LORD, vouchsafe it. Amen.
- Never alone - October 8, 2018
- Always first in fellowship - October 7, 2018
- The leadership of our Guide - October 6, 2018
- At God’s bidding - October 5, 2018
- The mighty magnet - October 4, 2018
- Reflections of the Lord’s beauty - October 3, 2018
- Comfort en route home - October 2, 2018
- A covenant He remembers - October 1, 2018
- Needs to open our mouths - September 30, 2018
- Church sister - July 24, 2018