She had her back against the wall, and she was all prayed out.
Her circumstances said she was alone; there was trouble on every side.
Those were desperate times, and she was already churched out.
Then she remembered.
She remembered the definition of a miracle.
She remembered the meaning of faith.
It wouldn’t be a miracle if it had an explanation – or even if it made sense to the human mind!
And what is faith without hope?
We cannot hope for what we already see.
She remembered, and she recognized the lies her circumstances spoke.
She was not alone.
She still had her back against the wall. She was still prayed out. And churched out.
But she was not alone.
She held on to the hope set before us – and then she saw that crack that let the light in.
She would be ok.
There is a hope set before us; an anchor of the soul – both sure and steadfast.
We would be ok.
This post may be linked up with these inspiring writers.
- Never alone - October 8, 2018
- Always first in fellowship - October 7, 2018
- The leadership of our Guide - October 6, 2018
- At God’s bidding - October 5, 2018
- The mighty magnet - October 4, 2018
- Reflections of the Lord’s beauty - October 3, 2018
- Comfort en route home - October 2, 2018
- A covenant He remembers - October 1, 2018
- Needs to open our mouths - September 30, 2018
- Church sister - July 24, 2018