It was a declaration of faith – the mission statement for the season they were in.
Nehemiah had begun the journey to rebuild Jerusalem. It was a journey of faith. He would first have to convince the leaders of the of the city of the need to rebuild it.
Then there were the naysayers who laughed at them and despised them after they began building.
Nehemiah’s response to them was this declaration of faith, and the mission statement for the season they were in at that time in Jerusalem:
…the God of Heaven, He will prosper us. Therefore we His servants will arise and build…. Nehemiah 2:20
“He will” suggests that they very likely were yet to know physically, the prosperity being spoken of.
But they knew that the God of Heaven would prosper them. Therefore, they made the decision to arise and build; they would not stop being obedient to the call of God on them because of naysayers – or even because they were yet to know physically, the manifestation of God’s blessing on them.
Faith had caught the sound of abundance, and it was enough – it is enough.
So this is the call again:
Arise and build.
Arise and go.
Arise and do.
Provision for the vision always follows our obedience.
But we must know, without a doubt that God would provide; this is faith, the shield with which we are able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one –
Darts of discouragement.
Darts of fear.
Darts of doubts.
Our faith in God is enough for us. We must lift up this shield, arise and build – because as sure as the God of Heaven is faithful, He would surely prosper us.
This post may be linked up with these inspiring writers.
- Never alone - October 8, 2018
- Always first in fellowship - October 7, 2018
- The leadership of our Guide - October 6, 2018
- At God’s bidding - October 5, 2018
- The mighty magnet - October 4, 2018
- Reflections of the Lord’s beauty - October 3, 2018
- Comfort en route home - October 2, 2018
- A covenant He remembers - October 1, 2018
- Needs to open our mouths - September 30, 2018
- Church sister - July 24, 2018